Monday, May 23, 2011

Plenty of Tofu

I just saw an add in my Gmail account that read, "How to catch him and keep him," and I realized that we think of men as fish. Don't ask me why I never realized this before, but we are constantly talking about how we need to "catch" a man and "keep" him, and when we fail to do so we are told, "there are plenty of fish in the sea!"

Wait, what?

So I get that it's a metaphor, but why fish of all things? Do the makers of catch phrases intend on excluding vegans?! I mean, come on. What am I supposed to say? "Oh, don't worry, there is plenty of tofu in the store." That sounds awful.

I vote we implement a new catch phrase that excludes no one based on dietary restrictions.

You want an example? Sorry, I don't make catch phrases...if I did, we wouldn't be in this mess!


2 comments:

  1. Couldn't you like...catch the fish but sort of keep it at arms distance or in a nice little tank or something? I mean, the catch phrase makers don't intend you to EAT your man I don't imagine so probably it would be ok. You can CATCH him and KEEP him in his own little fishy room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha I like the idea of a tank. We can just throw our men into enclosed spaces for keeps.

    ReplyDelete